Raise your hand if you LOVE The Children’s Museum. If you’ve ever been to a children’s museum in another city, chances are it has seriously confirmed for you how lucky we are here in Naptown.
Have you heard about The Children’s Museum’s new Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience? If you’ve been to the museum in the last year or so, chances are you’ve seen construction in the area beyond the Skywalk. Indy Moms Blog attended a preview event to get the inside scoop on this awesome new expansion. And in case you are wondering, the outdoor experience is included in general admission and membership. Score! (pun intended?)
More about the Riley Children’s Sports Legends Experience features:
- 12 outdoor sports experiences (including basketball, baseball, football, tennis, soccer, hockey, racing, golf and more)
- 7+ acres of land
- A .4 miles running and walking loop around the entire area (and it will be stroller friendly!)
- A race track complete with a yard of bricks
- Putting courses
- Immersive displays featuring famous sports legends
- General fitness activities (yep, you can stop by to get in a workout while your kids play!)
The opening date is March 17, 2018. Mark your calendars! And if you are not a Children’s Museum member, it’s definitely time to put a family membership on your holiday wish list. There will even be extended hours during the summer months and adults-only events (anyone else miss recess?).
Check out the pictures below, and be sure to follow The Children’s Museum on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (username is childrensmuseum) for updates and news from the world’s biggest and best children’s museum, and the place that keeps me from losing my mind most weekends.